Commercial Production Rabbits
This forum is intended solely for the discussion of of commercial production rabbits and commercial markets inside the United States. In the current climate of animal activism, I’ll also offer you this forewarning: Post location specific information at your own risk. There are few rules here, but everyone is expected to abide by them:
- 1. Stay on topic. Discussion of your experience outside of livestock rabbits should be limited, and specific to a question or statement.
- 2. Be aware of your tone; if you are typing with a condescending sneer on your face, that IS likely to come through in your post. Successful business owners are typically Type A, very confident, bold individuals. I love that. Jerks who get themselves banned here are typically condescending, emotional, immature, narcissistic individuals; none of that is productive, so it won’t be tolerated.
- 3. You’ve heard the phrase “too many cooks in the kitchen?” That won’t happen here. I’m the cook. I may eventually add a sous chef or two, but your role is to ask questions and learn. Learning is expected to be interactive however. Ask questions, participate in discussions, and enjoy the time you spend here!
- 4. I will provide you the most current, most accurate information that I can. That doesn’t mean that I am always right. If you have information that directly contradicts something I share, feel free to say so. BUT, “show your work.” You must provide something that shows my research, practical and technical experience, etc is actually wrong. One of the primary goals here is to provide research based, factual, peer reviewed technical information whenever and wherever possible. There’s already plenty of misinformation out there, we won’t contribute to it.
- 5 months, 1 week ago
This forum is intended solely for the discussion of production rabbits kept in colonies. U.S. commercial human consumption markets are currently NOT colony friendly. Buyers have an antiquated belief that colony rabbits are unthrifty, parasite and/or disease laden beasts that have no viable contribution to the industry. You and I know better, and our customers know it too 🙂 Let's stay on topic, shall we?
- 1. No discussion of pet or show rabbits
- 2. Many aspects of cage and colony raising are similar, while many others are different. Both are viable management systems. There will be ZERO cage bashing allowed. You may get it all in the feels to see your supper binkying around and snuggling with their cohorts, but not everyone does.
- 3. NO ANTHROPOMORPHISM - do not compare rabbits to humans, in any way, directly or indirectly.
- No Topics
- Commercial Production Rabbits